Friday, August 26, 2011

Skillet Bacon Jam Meat and Beans

   
  
         I was sent a small sample jar of Skillet Bacon Jam and I know right away that I will enjoy using it in my recipes.  Perfect for all bacon lovers (like me) who are trying to cook low fat and healthy.  It has all the goodness of real bacon with a delectable, smoky and tangy twist.  Made in Seattle, WA, Bacon Jam contains only real ingredients such as uncured bacon (no nitrates added), onions, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, water, salt and pepper.   That's why I'm confident of using it my recipes.  For more info on Bacon Jam, visit www.skilletbaconjam.com or contact eat@skilletstreetfood.com

      This Bacon Jam Meat and Beans recipe is so versatile, you can serve it over cooked rice, with Garlic Bread or Potatoes and even pasta.  My kids love it with corn chips. A healthy dip to have on hand and it also freezes well.  Oh, did I mention that it's loaded with veggies too :)

Ingredients:
      3 tbs olive oil
      1 tbs garlic minced
      1/2 c onions chopped
      1/2 c red bell pepper diced
      1 tbs. SKILLET BACON JAM
      1 lb cooked ground beef or turkey
      1 1/2 bottles of marinara sauces (24 oz each)
      1/2 cup zucchini puree
      1/2 cup carrot puree
      1/2 lb cooked white beans or you can use 2 cans of beans
       2 pcs. bay leaf
      1/2 tsp cumin
      1/2 tsp dried oregano
      1 tbs salt
      1 tsp ground black pepper
       hot sauce (optional)

Procedure:
       1. Saute garlic, onions and bell pepper in olive oil.  Cook for about 2 mins.
       2. Add the Bacon Jam, ground meat, marinara sauce, zucchini and carrot purees.
       3. Stir and bring to boil. Simmer for 35 mins. Stirring occasionally.
       4. Add beans, salt, black pepper, oregano, bay leaf and cumin.
       5. Stir and simmer for another 20 mins.
       6. Turn off heat.  Transfer to serving bowls.
       7. Add hot sauce just before serving.  (optional) 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment