I'm using Cauliflower puree in this dish. Though it's not as sour as the regular tomato based sauces, it was still a big hit among my kids.
1 lb rotini (cooked according to package directions)
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. garlic - minced
1/2 cup onions - chopped
1 cup cauliflower puree
1 24 oz bottle marinara sauce
20 pcs cooked meatballs (store bought or homemade)
1/2 c tomato catsup
1 tbs salt
1/2 tsp gound pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
Shredded cheese for topping (your choice)
- I used colby cheese on this one
1. Heat pan. Saute garlic in olive oil for about 2 mins. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
2. Add onions and cook until transluscent.
3. Pour in cauliflower puree and marinara sauce.
4. Once the sauce starts to boil, add the catsup and meatballs.
5. Bring to boil. The sauce is a bit thick in consistency.
6. Taste the sauce before adding the salt. Depending on the meatballs, you'll use little or more salt.
7. Add the pepper and basil.
8. Simmer for 5-8 mins. Stirring occasionally.
9. Add cooked pasta. Mix. If it seems a little dry, add some pasta water.
10. Transfer to serving dish, top with cheese. Enjoy :)